Albuquerque Little Theatre is looking for “a few good directors” to join us in our 2012-13 season. Here are the shows that are available for you to direct:
The Hobbit Opens Sept 14, 2012 – Rehearsals begin Aug 13
It’s A Wonderful Life Opens Nov 30, 2012 – Rehearsals begin Oct 22
Little Women Opens Jan 18, 2013 – Rehearsals begin Nov 19
La Cage Aux Folles Opens Mar 1, 2013 – Rehearsals begin Jan 7
Cat on a Hot Tin Roof Opens Apr 12, 2013 – Rehearsals begin Mar 4
If you are interested in one or more of these shows, please send a letter of intent by email to Henry Avery, Artistic Director at email@example.com by April 2, 2012.
We then need the following information from you by April 16, 2012. The Selection Committee will acknowledge receipt of all applications, and interviews will be scheduled with those under consideration. If you are applying for more than one show, please submit a separate application for each show.
1. Name, address, phone number, and email address
2. Which show are you applying to direct and why are you in interested in that show?
3. List the past 3 shows you have directed and where – summarize your training and/or experience as a director and in the theatre.
4. What is your vision for this show? – type of set, style of production, what this show has to offer, who is your target audience, what is the theme or message of this play?
5. Do you have contacts within the theatre community to help recruit your backstage technical help?
6. List 3 references and their contact information (phone and/or email) who can speak to your directing from the perspective of an actor, a techie, and a producer.